Stats and Facts From our Pages
- 50% of Pregnancies in the US are unintended.
- IUDs and Implants are 99% effective forms of contraceptive.
- 63.8% of unplanned births in Colorado were publicly funded.
- 48% of Trans people avoid medical facilities due to the discrimination they face.
- 5% of reproductive-age women have an unintended pregnancy each year.
- 50% – 60% of young women have never heard of an IUD.
- 43% of unplanned pregnancies are the result of incorrect or inconsistent contraceptive use.
- The rate of unintended pregnancy for women under 21 is double that of older women.
- Only 40% of teen mothers finish high school. Fewer than 2% finish college by age 30.
- 30% of all teenage girls who drop out of school cite pregnancy and parenthood as key reasons.
- The effectiveness of the pill drops by over 9 percent when not taken with perfect precision.
- 60% of women surveyed cited cost as a barrier to using a LARC.
- Low-income women are five times more likely to have an unplanned pregnancy.
- Contraceptive access and consistent use may also affect mental health outcomes.
- Births to women without a high school education fell 38%.
- The decline in pregnancy among teens was entirely attributable to improvements in contraceptive use.